Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2012

Lately I've been giving some thought to the 2012 reading challenges I'd like to participate in.  Since I failed (bad me!) to read any books for two of the five challenges I committed to for 2011, I figure it's best to commit only to those challenges I actually have a hope of completing in 2012.  

Given the mountainous size of my to be read pile, the Mount TBR Reading Challenge being hosted by My Reader's Block, definitely seems like a challenge that I can not only successfully complete, but also one that will perhaps motivate me to stop buying so many new books and instead focus on those I already own.  



Details on the challenge, which will run from 1 January to 31 December 2012, can be found by clicking here: Mount TBR Reading Challenge 

My goal will be to achieve the Mt. Kilimanjaro level, which means I commit to reading, during 2012,  at least 50 of the books that are sitting on my physical to be read pile as of 31 December 2011.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I should definitely sign up for this one! Hehe, it would give me a proper excuse to buy a whole new TBR pile after I'm done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the challenge! So glad you'll be joining us for the mountain climbing expedition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan -- don't we all have toppling TBR piles? I think if I just read my TBR pile, I would still be reading for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Melissa! My proposed 2012 reading list contains a few of the faithful occupants of my TBR shelf too. I'm sure that it won't put a halt to my pernicious book-buying habit though. ;-) Cheers! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Svea. I hadn't thought of using the challenge as an excuse to build up my tbr for 2013! I like it :-)

    @Bev - thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to this one.

    @Joanne. I have the same issue, my tbr will keep me reading for years, too.

    @Chris. In spite of my good intentions, my attempts to limit my book buying never really work out so I fully expect to continue to buy lots and lots of books :-)

    ReplyDelete