Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mount TBR Challenge - Quarterly Check-In


In an effort to make in a dent in my rather large to be read pile, I decided to participate in the Mount TBR Challenge this year.  This challenge encourages readers to tackle the books sitting on their TBR pile as of 31 December 2011.   I decided to aim for the Mt. Kilimanjaro level, which means my goal is to read at least 50 books from my TBR pile this year.  

I'm not off to a particularly strong start, but I anticipate my TBR pile selections will increase in the months ahead.   Here is my progress so far, as well as a link to my review (if applicable):

(1) Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn -  4 Stars
(2) The Running Vixen by Elizabeth Chadwick - 3.5 Stars
(3) Lady Macbeth by Susan Fraser King - 3.5 Stars
(4) The Kingmaking by Helen Hollick - 3.5 Stars
(5) The Forgotten Legion by Ben Kane -  4 Stars
(6) Worth Dying For by N. Gemini Sasson -  3 Stars (no review)
(7) Henry Tilney's Diary by Amanda Grange - 3.5 Stars (no review)
(8) Rivals in the Tudor Court by D.L. Bogdan - 3.5 Stars 
(9) A Girl's Guide to Witchcraft by Mindi Klasky - 3.5 Stars (no review)
(10)  Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb - 4 Stars (no review)


4 comments:

  1. You're not too far off the mark...you'd only need 12 1/2 to be 1/4 of the way up the mountain. Really, really close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds like a great challenge. I have so many books on my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the challenge! You're going great! And thanks for checking out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ten books! That's off to a great start. I've only done 4 for TBR challenge (one review to come tomorrow.) I set my bar pretty low but your progress is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete