Sunday, September 23, 2012

Reading Slumps, etc.

Happy Sunday!  As fall has finally arrived, I'm hoping the cooler weather and changing colours will also coincide with the release of some exceptional books.  You see, I've been in somewhat of a reading slump lately.   With a couple of exceptions (notably the first two novels in Micheal Sullivan's awesome Riyria Revelations fantasy trilogy), nothing that I've read over the past few months has blown me away, and I'm craving a book I can completely lose myself in.   Has anyone else experienced a reading slump lately?  If so, what book broke you out of it? 

I'm hoping my slump will end this coming week, which will see the release of J.K. Rowling's anticipated first novel for adults, The Casual Vacancy.   In addition, October will bring the release of Kate Morton's latest book, The Secret Keeper.  To say I'm looking forward to reading both of these novels is an understatement.   Is anyone else planning to read these?   Are there any other upcoming releases on your must read list?

In other news, I'm going make a big effort in the weeks ahead to pay more attention to my blog, which, despite my best intentions, I admit to having somewhat neglected lately.  As such, in the next couple of weeks I plan to post reviews for the following books:
  • Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
  • Tears of Pearl by Tasha Alexander
  • Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey
In addition, thanks in large part to my participation in the Historical Fiction Blog Hop, I have hit and surpassed the 100 followers mark!  As a thanks I will soon be hosting a 100 Follower Giveaway.   Stay tuned for more details.