Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Blogger Hop 5/27 - 5/30

 
Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted over at Crazy-For-Books.   This will be my first time participating!


This week's question is: What book to movie adaptation have you most liked?   Which have you most disliked? 

The book to movie adaptation I have most enjoyed would have to be Pride & Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth.   I think this adaptation best captured the spirit of the novel and the characters.   I also really enjoyed Peter Jackson's adaptation of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy.   The movies were simply fabulous. 

The book to movie adaptation I most disliked is probably The Other Boleyn Girl.  While I thought the costuming was incredible,  I thought the movie itself was pretty boring in comparison to the novel.  I also have to add The Bourne Identity to my dislike list.   While I thought the movie was fantastic, just about the only thing it shared in common with the book was the title.   For this reason I think it was a poor adaptation.