Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Reading Resolutions

Happy New Year!  Now that 2011 is upon us, I thought I would share some of my reading resolutions for the year:

(1) Buy fewer books.   I make this resolution every year but somehow always seem to end up buying more books than I did the year before :-).   Nevertheless, I will make this my top reading resolution of 2011.   I'm quickly running out of shelf space, so it just might be possible for me to actually achieve this resolution this year. 

(2) Make a dent in my To Be Read Pile.   As a result of my book buying addiction (see resolution #1), I have a very large to be read pile...it's more of a to be read mountain actually.  One of the things I'd like to do this year is finally read some of the books that have been languishing unread on my shelves for years. 

(3) Complete my 2011 Reading Challenges.   I've decided to participate in a number of reading challenges in 2011, and my goal is to successfully meet all of them. 

Those are my reading resolutions for 2011.   What are yours?