Sunday, May 15, 2011

Suddenly Sunday


Sunday Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Svea at Confessions & Ramblings of a Muse in the Fog.  The purpose of this meme is to share all the events that have occurred on your blog throughout the week.

I can't believe Sunday is upon us once again!  I hope it is bright and sunny where you are, as it's pouring rain and a little chilly here today...although this makes it a perfect day for curling up with a big cup of tea and a good book :-)

I posted a couple of reviews here on my blog this past week:
  • The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley (I lost a couple of comments, however, due to the Blogger outage); and
I also finished Gail Carriger's fantasy(steampunk) novel Soulless.  I won't be posting a review, but I did find the book to be delightfully funny.  I'm not normally a fan of anything involving werewolves and vampires, but Carriger's book worked for me and I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series, which I've already ordered.

This coming week I expect to finish Margaret George's latest release, Elizabeth I, which I am enjoying very much.   I hope to have my review ready by the end of the week.  I'll also continue working my way through the first book in George R.R. Martin's excellent A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series, A Game of Thrones.   I've just started my re-read of the series in preparation for the release of book five, A Dance With Dragons, this coming July. 

I hope everyone has a great week!