Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Book Talk: How Do You Keep Your Reviews Fresh?

It's time for Book Talk, a (once again) weekly feature designed to generate discussion on random book-related issues and topics.   This week's topic is: How Do You Keep Your Reviews Fresh?

I don't know about any of you, but I've been struggling to write reviews lately.  While I always have thoughts on what I read, of late I have been finding it difficult to come up with unique ways to express these thoughts.  I find myself using the same language to describe what I've read and in so doing feel my reviews are getting stale.  I basically need to find new ways of saying the same things, and this, for me at least, is becoming harder to do the more reviews I write.  

So fellow book bloggers, I'd love to know how you keep your reviews fresh?  Or, do you find it as difficult as I do to ensure the language in your reviews isn't overused and to develop novel ways of saying the same things?  


post signature