Sunday, June 9, 2013

Suddenly Sunday

It's time for Suddenly Sunday, a weekly meme hosted by Svea at Muse in the Fog that gives bloggers the opportunity to highlight their key blogging activities from the past week.  

Since it has been a few months since I last took part in Suddenly Sunday I've decided it's high time I started to participate regularly again.  In general, I'm going to try to get back to more consistently posting non-required review posts in the weeks ahead. 




Looking back, this week was pretty quiet on the blog.  Here is what I posted:

  • Review of The Geneva Option by Adam Lebor.   If you love modern-day political thrillers this is a book not to be missed. 
  • Review and Giveaway of Spartacus: Rebellion by Ben Kane.   The giveaway, open to US/CAN residents, is for one copy of each of the two books in Kane's 2-book Spartacus series.  Be sure to enter if you haven't already done so -- the books are fabulous.

 Looking ahead, I have a couple of reviews planned for this week:

  • Royal Mistress by Anne Easter Smith, a novel about Jane Shore, mistress to Edward IV.
  • Red Joan by Jennie Rooney, a novel about a young British woman who becomes a Russian spy at the end of the Second World War. 

I also plan to get my Book Talk feature going again next week.  I had intended it to be a weekly feature, but life got in the way and I had to temporarily set it aside.  My next topic will be 'keeping book reviews fresh' as I find I've been struggling with this lately and would love to hear from other bloggers on this subject. 

After a few days of rain and drizzle the sun is finally out here, which means I'll finally get the chance to plant some flowers in my garden!   My Sunday plans also include reading (of course!) and watching the Blue Jays game.   What are your Sunday plans?

Happy Reading!



post signature